Monday, January 30, 2012

The Disease That is Tearing Us Apart

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last near. I know, it's not a brain tumor or a terminal illness, but it was still a diagnosis I dreaded to hear. First of all, there is no "cure" for Fibro. Second of all, it is usually progressive. Thirdly, I never know what is going to hurt from day to day. The chronic pain causes me to spend a lot of time on the couch or in the bed. That leaves Barry to do EVERYTHING. I thank God daily for sending me such a compassionate, selfless, understanding, and loving husband!! He NEVER complains!!! The other problem with Fibro is how it messes with your mind. I have problems concentrating, with memory, motivation, depression, and anxiety. I am being treated my a wonderful Rheumatologist and an amazing Neurologist. They are both suggesting that I stop working because the stress just makes it all worse. I am undergoing physical therapy (torture) and am on a laundry list of medications! The stopping work...this is something that Barry and I have been discussing and praying about. If you don't mind, could you say a prayer as well. As the chief breadwinner, this is an extremely difficult decision to make.

No comments: